Friday, November 7, 2014

Multimeter base station w/ storage

Multimeter Base Station w/ Storage   Created By Joshua Bryant


     This is another of my more highly used projects. When using a multimeter I find myself having to prop it up so that I can see the display. I also never like just laying the testing leads on the table (especially when testing amps), so I've created this handy little multimeter station. Please note that I made this station for my GB Instruments GDT-11 meter that I got from Walmart, you may need to modify the design of the stand to fit your specific meter (as always I've included IGES files). I kept these goals in mind during designing.
  • Design for NO support (to save material)
  • Convenient lead and alligator clip holder
  • Storage for my extra lead
  • Needs to be propped up at a nice readable angle


     This print doesn't require any other supplies other than a 3D printer and the print files (IGES & STL files HERE [*Change orientation of parts appropriately; CSYS is not correct since this project was in an assembly]). I did glue a pad of that tacky drawer liner you'd get from the dollar store to the bottom to keep it from sliding around. Like most of my prints that I do without support I print at lower temperatures, higher speeds, and the cooling turned up a bit. This helps the material set up a little faster preventing some of the 'drooping' effect on the overhangs.











Donate 25¢ to help me keep creating

No comments:

Post a Comment